Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus now Serato DJ DVS Ready!
The Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus is the industry-standard mixer brought to you by Pioneer DJ now with certified soundcard for both Serato DJ and Traktor.
The Pioneer DJM-900 NXS has a sleek, matte black face fitted with rugged phasers, blue LED cue buttons and a smooth, durable cross fader (capable of over one million swipes), designed for a premium, professional guise within the booth.
Pioneer has also fitted the DJM-900 Nexus with an input for four turntables and four CDJs, making the DJM-900 Nexus a truly versatile mixer.
Despite the superior design, the Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus retains the original features of the Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus that made it the industry standard club mixer. Examples of the original features include 6 Sound Colour FX buttons and the touch sensitive X-pad, which allows you to unleash your creativity at the tap of a fingertip.
What truly distinguishes Pioneer’s DJM-900 Nexus from similar mixers is the collaboration with Serato software. The mixer is fitted with a Serato certified soundcard, designed specifically to work alongside the Serato software, which now comes with DVS technology.
The Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus communicates directly with Serato DJ, as it reads the beat grid information for Quantize mixer FX, even when the tempo changes. On top of which, DJs can also now use Serato noisemap to scratch using Seratos four decks.
These fantastic features work alongside the Izotope FX engine, SP-6 Sampler and Sereto video expansion pack to provide you, the DJ with endless creativity.
An exciting, additional upgrade available with the Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus is the new plug-and-play support, a feature of the Serato DJ Club Kit upgrade. The DJM-900 Nexus comes upgrade ready for the Serato DJ software, enabling DJs to connect via USB, no need for an external soundcard.
This mixer perfectly combines Pioneer’s rugged hardware with Serato DJ’s reliable software. With the fantastic features found in the DJM-900 Nexus, DJs can translate ideas into tracks with simplicity.
Sound Color FX
Engineered to bring studio quality sound and sequencer style tricks to the club, six new beefed-up effects turn creative vision into a reality at the twist of a dial. In addition to the essential FILTER and CRUSH, the DJM-900nexus boasts four new modern effects.
- The massively popular Noise from the DJM-2000 is added by popular demand.
- The brand new and seriously lush Space reverb brings high-pass and low-pass ambiance to every channel.
- The new Dub Echo also has high-pass and low-pass control over a new tape delay effect to twist with your mind as you slip the timing.
- The amazing Gate/Comp strips back your music to the peaks, or beefs it up to seamlessly blend drastically different productions together in the mix.
Overhauled Beat Effects add a whole new level of control
On top of the 6 super-easy Color FX on each channel, the channel-assignable Beat Effects bring a whole new level of control – making extreme processing more reliable and creative with instant results. Let’s start off with the new control interface:
- Rekordbox™ Quantize picks up Beatgrid data over theProDJ Link. Simply connect the DJM-900nexus to the network andcompatible CDJs send real-time BPM and beat position data to theeffects, even as you adjust and bend the pitch in the mix!
- In addition to the Beat buttons that change the timing, the intuitive X-Padis a touch-sensitive strip that simultaneously engages the BeatEffects, while adjusting things like the Reverb filter, Roll time, andPhaser LFO – using just one finger!
- Bringing a new approach to Filter, Phase and Flanger sweeps is a twin LFO. LFO1 is controlled by the Beat buttons, while LFO2 expresses further wobble factor using the X-Pad.
New High Quality Effects for a digital generation
These include Reverb, Spiral, Slip Roll, Melodic and Midi LFO.
Pro DJ Link functionality enhances performance
The DJM-900nexus joins the Pro DJ Link family with a LAN connection that brings three revolutionary new features: Now On Play, Beat Effects and Cue Link.
Fully TRAKTOR™ compatible for plug-and-play simplicity
TRAKTOR™ users can connect their PC to the mixer via a single USB port – conveniently located on top of the unit – to get direct input from Traktor’s 4 decks and enjoy all of its features.
Advanced design for accurate reproduction of audio sources
The DJM-900nexus is equipped with the same high-quality audio input and output circuits as the DJM-2000.
- High performance channel faders – The slide mechanism supports the fader knobs with two metal shafts for both longevity and smooth operability. Furthermore, the new mechanism’s design minimizes the effects of moisture or dust particles on the mixer’s performance capabilities.
- Integrated input selector – Enables users to simultaneously switch channel inputs from CD/LINE, DIGITAL, PHONES, USB.
- USB Connection Indicators – The DJM-900nexus is equipped with a “USB connection indicator” to display the status of soundcard and PC or Mac communications as well as a “USB audio input indicator” to display audio inputs from a PC or Mac.
- Industry’s First MIDI Signal Output7 – The DJM-900nexus features the industry’s first musical instrument digital interface (MIDI) signal output that changes at beat-by-beat intervals. The mixer also includes a “MIDI LFO function” to control external devices such as effecters.
- Switching 3-Band EQ/Isolator – Each channel of the mixer is equipped with a switchable 3-band EQ ( 6dB to -26dB) and 3-band Isolator ( 6dB to -∞dB).
- P-LOCK Fader Cap – Keeps the fader channel and crossfader knobs (caps) locked preventing them from physically slipping off during use.
- Number of channels: 4 audio channels, 2 mic channels
- Input ports: CD/LINE x 5 (RCA), PHONO x 3 (RCA), DIGITAL IN x 4 (COAXIAL), MIC x 2 (XLR & 1/4 inch PHONE dual purpose x 1, 1/4 inch PHONE x 1)
- Output ports: MASTER OUT x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1), BOOTH OUT x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 1 (top surfaace 1/4 inch PHONE x 1), REC OUT x 1 (RCA), DIGITAL OUT x 1 (COAXIAL)
- Other ports: SEND x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE), RETURN x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE), MIDI OUT x 1 (5P DIN), USB B port x 1, LINK port x 1
- Sampling rate: 96 kHz
- D/A converter: 32 bit
- A/D converter: 24 bit
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion ratio: 0.004% or less
- S/N ratio: 107 dB or greater (LINE)
- Head room: 19 dB
- Power source: 120 V AC (60Hz)
- Power consumption: 42 W
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H in inches): 13 x 16.1 x 4.2
- Unit weight: 15.7 lbs